Health & Safety
Our duty at Noor Al Diyar Private School (NAD) is to balance the educational needs of our students alongside the health and safety of students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. As per MOE directives, one of the main safety measures is to practice physical distancing by allowing a distance of 1.5-meter space between individuals inside and outside the classrooms. Therefore, the school is implementing the following procedures:
- Close activity areas and school cafeteria.
- Create one-way traffic in school corridors.
- Reduce the number of children on school buses and maintain safety bus transportation rules.
- Space desks out and placing them all facing the same direction.
- Use physical barriers, such as Plexiglas shields for KG and Grade 1 students.
- Divide students up into distinct groups or cohorts that stay together during the school day and restricting interaction between different groups.
- Organise students drop off and pick up process.
As part of the COVID-19 precautionary measures, a daily routine of premises cleaning, sanitising, disinfecting, and ventilating procedures has been implemented. We are also, conducting daily temperature checks on all staff, students and visitors. All staff have to wear face masks and our students wear face coverings, such as masks or face shields, based on their age and MOE directives.
In addition, we work hard to promote everyday protective measures against COVID-19, by posting awareness signs in highly visible locations, conducting workshops, encouraging routine hand washing practices and by restricting the sharing of materials among students.